Regarded as one of the foremost corporate leaders of contemporary India, Shri Anil D Ambani, 50, is the chairman of all listed companies of the Reliance Group, namely, Reliance Communications, Reliance Capital, Reliance Energy and Reliance Natural Resources.
He is also the president of the Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Gandhinagar
An MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Shri Ambani is credited with pioneering several financial innovations in the Indian capital markets. He spearheaded the country’s first forays into overseas capital markets with international public offerings of global depositary receipts, convertibles and bonds.
Under his chairmanship, the constituent companies of the Reliance Group have raised nearly US$ 3 billion from global financial markets in a period of less than 15 months.
Shri Ambani has been associated with a number of prestigious academic institutions in India and abroad.
He is currently a member of :
- Wharton Board of Overseers, The Wharton School, USA
- Board of Governors, Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
- Board of Governors, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
- Executive Board, Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad
- In June 2004, Shri Ambani was elected as an Independent member of the Rajya Sabha – Upper House, Parliament of India, a position he chose to resign voluntarily on March 25, 2006.
Select Awards and Achievements
- Voted ‘the Businessman of the Year’ in a poll conducted by The Times of India – TNS, December 2006
- Voted the ‘Best role model’ among business leaders in the biannual Mood of the Nation poll conducted by India Today magazine, August 2006
- Conferred ‘the CEO of the Year 2004’ in the Platts Global Energy Awards
- Conferred 'The Entrepreneur of the Decade Award' by the Bombay Management Association, October 2002
- Awarded the First Wharton Indian Alumni Award by the Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF) in recognition of his contribution to the establishment of Reliance as a global leader in many of its business areas, December 2001
- Selected by Asiaweek magazine for its list of 'Leaders of the Millennium in Business and Finance' and was introduced as the only 'new hero' in Business and Finance from India, June 1999
[ Top ]